Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Latest


I've been too busy crafting to blog which is a good complaint I think :) Well, crafting and running around after the kids, turning 40 (!), workshops, kids birthday parties, day trips to the HobbyCraft show in Birmingham (more about that later :) and a million other things. Maybe this is one of the reasons I love scrapbooking so much - it's about the only time I get to sit down and really appreciate those wonderful moments in life.





First up - a Crafty Queens mini-book. Part of the Great Big Craft Extravaganza held each year in Athlone. I wasn't going to go, but I can never resist Eve's classes. And, this class in particular was one for mammys and daughters - so, I brought my mammy and my daughter! We had a blast :) And below is my completed mini-book and I am currently finishing the second one which mum (half) made with Ru.





 The mini book was made using Prima's Fairy Belle collection. I actually had a pad of this paper which I had won and didn't like that much. But once I saw what Eve had done with it, my eyes were opened and now I thinks it's one of the nicest I've seen in ages. I just lack any imagination!


 
 So, I reckon I'll use the book for Lil's christening pictures. It's far too girlie a paper for anything else.









 Next!





A notebook. I stitched the binding for this notebook - sadly all my hard work is hidden! This method of binding is one of the many cool things I've discovered on Pinterest.


I used my leftover Fairy Belle paper to do it. I have no idea what I'll use it for, but I like the look of it and will definitely be using the technique again.







And finally a lot of layouts - it's the usual mishmash of styles...patterned paper here, mists'n'masks there.. a touch of modelling paste, some acrylic paints, stamping... etc, etc - I long for the day that I develop a distinctive style. At the moment my style seems to be that I have no style...









So, there you have it. I'll be back in a while with my tales from the Hobbycraft show at the NEC. Fun and games!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great and very productive day :-) Love the minis!! Great selection of layouts youve got done too!! I'd love to go to craft fair but ive got no one who'd wanna go with me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages and specially the minibooks. Well done on book binding, I learnt the technique many years ago but never got around to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...